Robert Half International Sr. Accountant in Berkeley, California
We are seeking an experienced accountant to help maintain a variety of accounting functions. Our team is fun and hard working and very collaborative. Join our staff you will get exposure to a variety of duties within the company. Career growth potential and opportunities to perform month end and other analysis project, and prepare daily management operational reporting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepares, develops, and maintains internal financial documents (including, but not limited to preparing Financial Statements and month end close)
• Assists with general ledger entries.
• Assists with month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing.
• Reconciles bank accounts.
• Assists with monthly revenue and expense variance analysis.
• Assists with balance sheet and P & L analysis.
• Assists with balance sheet accounts reconciliation.
• Assists in ensuring accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies.
• Develops and provides various financial data, analysis, and recommendations as requested
• Participates in special analysis and studies in formulating agency budgets.
• Interfaces with managers in various departments including accounting, operations, and finance.
• Provides back-up support for all roles of Finance Department including Payroll, Accounts Payable, Purchasing and Accounts Receivable.
• Provides accounting and finance support for related non-profit organization.
• Consistently adheres to and/or exceeds SPLG's communication guidelines and expectations with internal and external customers including co-workers, patients, and external partners.
• Communicate effectively by using welcoming words, proper tone of voice, appropriate body language, eye contact and smiling in all interactions. Listen skillfully and display a willingness and ability to acknowledge patient and co-workers' needs, expectations and values through the use of reflective listening and empathy conveyance. Respond to co-worker and patient needs in ways that are helpful and beyond expectation
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited school.
• At least three (3) years of general ledger accounting experience.
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices and standards.
• Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Strong analytical skills and spreadsheet know
Additional ideal skills:
Pivot Table, Debits, Balance Sheets
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Berkeley, CA
Date Posted: February 23, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 00070-0011549316
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance