Temporary Blockchain Tech Community Program Manager - 230274 : N/A
Description Key Responsibilities
- Manages and supports the technical and business actions of the Blockchain Technical Community (BCTC). This is a comprehensive assignment that includes working with volunteers to accomplish the goals and objectives of the BCTC, the development of new products and services within the BCTC while working across IEEE organizational units. An IEEE Technical Community (TC) requires seasoned program management skills to develop the TC for presentation to IEEE funding bodies, subsequent metrics for reporting, tracking and continuous improvement.
- Manages the BCTC and owns all of the TC’s business plans - e.g., Marketing, Communication, Web, Community Building, Standards, Conferences and Events, Publications, and new innovative programs. Works closely with IEEE departments (Marketing, ICT, Conference Planning) to support all activities for a successful program. Executes and implements deliverables. Monitors and reports program milestones. Prepares periodic evaluation reviews.
- Manages the BCTC budget with a goal of generating a year-end surplus after three (3) years. Analyzes the program run rate and prepares funding and contract requests as needed on a timely basis. Communicates and offers solutions to upper-level management for unanticipated financial, technical misdirection, and general status updates. Integrates "all" of IEEE as participants of the initiative by working within and across IEEE Organizational Units (OUs) to socialize TC activities, and then engage the OUs as required.
- Responsible for scheduling meetings and documenting and tracking key action items necessary to move the TC products and services to market. Secures volunteers to serve as subject matter experts and project team members for all the TC-associated projects. Manages and controls all volunteer activity for the TC - e.g., external events, publications, marketing, and communication.
- Program Manage and deliver on-budget events (e.g., workshops, webinars, summer schools) as needed, working with BCTC volunteers and IEEE Staff.
- Regularly makes presentations and updates to leadership and key volunteers.
- Manage and provide support for the IEEE Blockchain local groups located in various IEEE regions.
- Publicity and promotion plan for increased visibility (IEEE members and non-members), typically based on an existing IEEE promotion strategy
Qualifications Qualifications Education
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or other relevant field Req Work Experience
● 4-7 years of related work experience including project and budget management Req
● Demonstrated project management experience executing multiple successful new business projects and products. Req
● Experience working with professional associations Pref Licenses and Certifications
● Non Clinical\PMP - Project Management Professional Pref Skills and Requirements
- Demonstrated experience developing strategic working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated success generating and executing and managing multiple project plans
- Proven ability to prepare successful materials such as business plans and project summaries
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact positively and effectively with applicants and registrants, volunteers at all levels, including board members and assigned committees; all levels of IEEE and IEEE staff; industry leaders; academics; and vendors.
- Must stay current with industry trends by reading relevant materials, including newsletters, publications, blogs, etc.
- Must be a technologically savvy knowledge worker who seeks out technology solutions to business challenges
- Must have a strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, Google apps, and web browsing
- Ability to travel domestically/internationally, occasionally over weekends.
Job : Business Mgmt/Devt/Ops
Primary Location : India-Karnataka-Bengaluru
Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Temporary
Job Posting : Nov 19, 2023, 9:42:09 PM
Req ID: 230274