Oracle Principal Software Engineer in BENGALURU, India
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of the team the successful candidate will be actively developing new features for our cloud-based enterprise products. In this environment he/she will be called upon to analyse problems, suggest and assess multiple alternative solutions, and implement high-quality industry leading software. Responsibilities include:
• Developing application code mostly in Java
• Participating in code reviews
• Engaging actively in the technical decision making process
• Participating in technical discussions and providing feedback depending on the needs of the team/department
• Keeping abreast of the latest technologies (including Oracle technologies) and assimilating them into the product suites
• Ensuring compliance with development methodology and technical process
Candidate must have:
• Strong J2EE development experience
• Strong hands-on experience with Architecture, Microservices, Design Patterns, Spring Boot and SQL
• Experience with packaging framework like gulp, Webpack, grunt
• Experience in HTML5, CSS3, SASS/SCSS, JSON
• Strong experience with Web-tier development using technologies such as Spring Boot, JPA (Hibernate/EclipseLink/TopLink)
• Good experience with at least one of the popular J2EE Application Servers (Jetty/Tomcat)
• Experience on Dockers or Kubernetes.
• Experience with writing unit tests using Junit
• Thorough understanding of OO principles
• Track record of rapidly learning and incorporating new technologies into his/her skill set
• Thorough knowledge of programming best practices
• Analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to effectively communicate technical, business, and design information
• Proven ability to deliver high-quality, tested software on time
He/She should be able to work independently, mentor others and be a highly contributing member of an agile team. She/he has excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, with a successful track record of managing multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.