The Boeing Company Experienced Mechanical Systems Service Engineer Fuel Electrical in Bengaluru, India
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee well-being.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
• Training of team in reviewing and gaining experience in wiring diagrams and system schematics.
• Understanding of SMS and QMS system for fuel tanks
• Assessing and resolving product/process issues through the product life-cycle.
• Leading research of technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
• Providing analysis of interim and final engineering solutions to return airplanes to revenue service.
• Working with cross-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex design non-conformance.
• Assesses complex system events reports to determine potential safety issues.
• Writes documentation of hardware related problems.
• Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Solves problems and provides other support of fielded hardware over the entire product life-cycle.
• Individual Contribution & Candidate would be expected to support this position 24/7.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Knowledge of fuel electrical systems including fuel tank components operation and integration of fuel system with other aircraft systems
• Working with CFM safran GE engines customer support teams would be an added advantage.
• 10+ years of experience working with or on an Engineering team
• 10 or more years' related work experience or equivalent combination
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience collaborating with multiple team functions
• Experience with customer support
• Knowledge of applicable systems installed on Boeing commercial airplane models (software and hardware) as it applies to maintenance and operations
• Knowledge of repair, maintenance and retrofit processes and practices for fuel tanks
• Knowledge of airplane’s maintenance and flight operation documentation
• Knowledge of the Airworthiness Directives and related Service documents related to fuel tanks are preferred
• Experience in system’s failure analysis, root cause analysis, and troubleshooting on Boeing commercial airplane models
• Proficient understanding aircraft technical documents AMM, WDM, SWPM, IPC, FIM, CMM, SRM is Desired.
• Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study.
• This position offers Relocation
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.