Cadence Design Systems, Inc. Principal Application Engineer - TBR-SVG-SIM in Belo Horizonte, Brazil
At Cadence, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to make an impact on the world of technology.
As an application Engineer, you will be responsible for pre-sale and/or post sale support to customize Electronic Design Automation tools used to design electronic circuits, components and systems to meet customer requirements. Develop customer specific verification requirements, including advanced verification component development; methodology support ; and operation and maintenance of Cadence’s EDA tools and services. Support technical evaluations and benchmark development. Create and conduct technical presentations and product demonstrations for customers.
Key responsibilities in this position are to:
· Establish technical credibility and rapport with customers.
· Provide world-class reactive support, proactive training, and problem consultation.
· Collaborate with R&D to introduce new simulation technologies.
· Champion customer needs and help R&D and product engineers develop competitive and creativetechnical solutions.
· Lead campaign engagements with customers;
· Build functional verification environments (testbench creation);
· Understand the competitive landscape and continuously work on differentiating Cadence’s solutions;
· Mentoring of junior members of the team;
· BSE or graduation Computer/Electrical Engineering or related areas;
· 6+ years of experience;
· Good RTL understanding and coding;
· Verification skills : UVM testbench architecture, development and debug, SystemVerilog, SVA;
· Track record of 5+ tape-outs, either participating on SoC integration or in IP development proven in silicon;
· Excellent English written and oral communication skills;
· Fluent in Portuguese: reading, writing and speaking
Nice to have skills
· Knowledge of Unix, C/C+
· Knowledge of SystemC, SpecmanE
· Design fundamentals such as architecture, micro-architecture, HDLs Synthesis and timing
· Scripting languages (Perl, Python, TCL, Bash, etc)
Additional Job Details:
· Employment category: CLT
· Employment term: 40 hours/week
· Location: R. Desembargador Jorge Fontana, 50, 18o andar, Belvedere - Belo Horizonte
We’re doing work that matters. Help us solve what others can’t.
Cadence plays a critical role in creating the technologies that modern life depends on. We are a global electronic design automation company, providing software, hardware, and intellectual property to design advanced semiconductor chips that enable our customers create revolutionary products and experiences.
Thanks to the outstanding caliber of the Cadence team and the empowering culture that we have cultivated for over 25 years, Cadence continues to be recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our shared passion for solving the world’s toughest technical challenges, our dedication to pushing the limits of the industry, and our drive to do meaningful work differentiates the people of Cadence.
Cadence is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other protected class.