BT Senior Manager Infrastructure Planning in Belfast, United Kingdom
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at Openreach, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at Openreach. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
Openreach is building Northern Ireland’s full fibre future. As the largest infrastructure builder, we’ve already built to 70% of Northern Ireland and we have an ambitious plan to go further.
We’re proud of the critical role our people play in connecting homes, mobile phone masts, schools, shops, banks, hospitals, libraries, broadcasters, governments and businesses – large and small – all across Northern Ireland - to the world.
And our team of 1000 people rate us too – we were ranked 2nd in The Northern Ireland 10 Best Companies to Work For 2021.
As Senior Manager for Infrastructure Planning, you’ll be playing a lead role in all network planning activities in Northern Ireland across all Openreach products, i.e. FTTP, Ethernet and FTTC. This will encompass the plan, design and commissioning of our commercial fibre build programmes as well as those with public funding.
All work starts with successful planning and it is a key role in ensuring Openreach continues to push forward in its full fibre roll out and successful customer delivery
You’ll be leading and motivating a team of 250 people and build engagement levels across the team whilst challenging performance and developing talent.
This role is also responsible for managing the teams who test and maintain the health and safety of our physical assets in Northern Ireland, including our 650,000 telephone poles.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Responsibility for all access planning activities in Northern Ireland covering all Openreach products
• Leading and motivating a team of 250 employees plus contractors and will drive engagement levels across the team whilst challenging performance and developing talent.
• Managing large capital build budget each year.
• Leading and managing change within the team, ensuring all change initiatives are effectively implemented and that they subsequently transform the business unit performance.
• Responsibility for the commercial FTTP build completed by Openreach NI
• Owning all PIA (Physical Infrastructure Access) processes and associated KPI’s
• Owning asset assurance for NI including risk management and ensuring NI adhere to asset commitments as NI have >10% of the Openreach pole population and risk
• Managing the Copper plan & network build including maximising the copper asset
• Owning the maintenance of Network records
• Responsibility for managing large repayment projects in NI from initial engagement to payment
• Owning P&L for team and investment projects such as commercial fibre or BDUK
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Proven record of leading teams with evidence of influencing, developing, and motivating teams at both a tactical and strategic level.
• Have strong experience in leading engineering programmes and/or capital investment projects, preferably of £15m value
• Experience working in a regulated environment would be desirable
• Financial acumen - a strong financial awareness is required, due to cost management and budget responsibilities
• Have commercial awareness to shape the contractor discussions and to develop appropriate resourcing models for key programmes
• Ability to use insight to make strategic and agile operational decisions enabling the team to win, develop and retain profitable business
As well as offering a competitive base salary, you’ll also have a rewarding bonus scheme, access to equity schemes and an attractive pension offer.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
Openreach Limited runs the nation’s digital network. We play a key role in British society, helping homes, schools, hospitals, broadcasters, government, businesses and more connect to the world.
We're a wholly owned subsidiary of BT Group, and our customers are the 640 communications providers who sell phone, broadband and Ethernet services to homes and businesses. And we’re on a mission - to make the country’s digital network services faster, better and more affordable.
Our people are experienced, resourceful and innovative, working on vital projects that help support the nation at work, in learning, on the move, at rest, at play, in emergencies and much more.
So if you’d like to be a part of an exciting organisation that’s making a real difference, why not join us today? You can read more here about working at Openreach (https://www.openreach.com/about-us/who-we-are) .
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
COVID-19 Notice: We’ve changed our recruitment process so that we can continue to offer exciting opportunities in Openreach. We’ve moved to ‘virtual hiring’ until further notice - which includes video interviews and virtual on-boarding, to make sure that we maintain candidate and employee safety.
Job: Engineering operations
Title: Senior Manager Infrastructure Planning
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-Antrim-Belfast
Requisition ID: 168981