Oracle Principal Software Engineer in Austin, Texas
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 143959 in the subject line of the email.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in a distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure systems for the cloud? The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers depend on our work to run their businesses and our mission is to provide them with the best in class set of cloud-based services such as compute, storage, networking, database, security, and much more.
We’re looking for hands-on, security focused engineer with expertise and passion towards solving difficult problems in large scale distributed systems. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. This is an exciting time in our journey - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience designing, building, and implementing enterprise security systems such as Vulnerability Management, JIT Access, Secrets Management, 2-Factor Authentication, Anti-Virus, and Intrusion Monitoring. You should be both a solid coder and a distributed systems generalist that is comfortable diving deep into any part of the stack, including interaction with hardware. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
• Work across organizational boundaries and professional disciplines to deliver comprehensive security solutions.
• Research and integrate security solutions throughout the entire software development lifecycle.
• Work with software development engineers to build scalable, programmatic tools to automate common security workflows.
• Work with software development engineers to build WEB, SOAP, and REST APIs to seamlessly integrate security services.
• Work with software development engineers to build security monitoring and scanning solutions along with common user interfaces such as dashboards and reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
• 6+ years’ experience building and operating large scale, highly available, cloud based distributed systems.
• Strong knowledge of Linux and Unix operating system fundamentals.
• Strong understanding of database schemas and distributed persistence technologies.
• Strong understanding of latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
• Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
• Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures is a plus.
• Security certifications or prior experience working with modern IT security solutions is a plus.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.