LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions Shipping/Receiving Technician in Atlanta, Georgia
Shipping and Receiving Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Technician for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Logistics Supervisor, the Shipping/ Receiving Clerk will ensure raw materials, aircraft parts and assemblies received or shipped have the proper certification and align with the PO requirements. Experienced in various shipping applications and able to obtain IATA/CFR 49 Haz Mat certification.
• Utilizes ERP Operating Systems for all shipping and receiving transactions
• Properly packs goods and products for shipment
• Loads and unloads trucks as goods are being delivered or shipped
• Insures that all required certification paperwork required for the receiving and shipment of inventory (i.e. C of C, 8130-3, MSDS, etc.) is completed and processed correctly
• Maintain Paperwork/traceability of all incoming material and ensure all documents are properly stored in the document storage area.
• Comply with the requirements of IATA/CFR 49 Haz Mat certification and insure proper handling and documentation of Hazardous Material and Shelf life items.
• Safely operate Forklifts and other powered trucks in a warehouse environment
• Utilize shipping applications (FedEx, UPS, etc.) for shipping transactions
• Complete all shipping documentation and labeling in compliance with applicable standards and work instructions
• Pick up and deliver parts to outside suppliers using company vehicle
• Perform all other duties assigned by Logistics Supervisor or Supply Chain Planning Manager.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in job turnovers. Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities (offsite / off-shift training) and continuous self-improvement through trade publications.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests (cross training), exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Comply with lean manufacturing principles and work with leads and supervisors to explore and implement best practices in the manufacturing process.
• Effectively work with co-workers, engineering and management in problem solving and exploring and implementing best practices in our operations
• Be prepared to cross train and be utilized in other aspects in the production process.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to DFP safety procedures and regulations.
Qualifications:• High school diploma or equivalent, completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset.
• Previous work experience in a Shipping/Receiving type of environment (previous aviation experience a plus)
• Experienced with the operation of forklifts in a warehouse environment
• Must have a valid driver’s license and meet the DFP automobile insurance requirements
• Must be a self-starter requiring minimum supervision and perform job assignments with a very high degree of accuracy.
• Should have knowledge of typical PC/business software applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Internet)
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact with a wide variety or people.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and maintain a high quality of work.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts to include overtime and weekends (as needed) in order to meet customer schedules and needs of other departments.
• Good oral and written communication skills; able to read, comprehend and create written and verbal instructions in the English language
• Must be organized and have good communication and problem solving skills.
• Must be able to prioritize work assignments and have excellent attention to detail.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.
Refer this job to a friend
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?for general consideration.
Call us at, Press Option 2 for a Recruiting Specialist.
Email us at