Westrock Company Manufacturing Helper (2nd & 3rd Shift) - Atlanta, GA in Atlanta, Georgia
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Manufacturing Helper role is an entry level position to learn the processes of manufacturing (paper and packaging).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Assist operators as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Alert operator to carton defects when found.
Follow all safety rules and procedures and actively participate in the plant safety process.
Maintain housekeeping and organization at the working area.
The qualifications part should read as follows:
Requirements for the position:
• GED/High School diploma required
• Ability to read materials to understand and apply content, such as instruction manuals, procedure manuals or assembly manuals
• Ability to write in order to accomplish such tasks as completing forms or communicating simple instructions
• Must wear safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection and other safety gear as required
• Continuous standing and walking
• Occasional kneeling, crouching, squatting and bending
• Frequent heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs), climbing and grasping
• Ability to work in an uncontrolled temperature environment (hot or cold)
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.