Comcast Director of Construction (NGAN) in Atlanta, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for directing all Construction activities in support of new
plant construction, rebuilding, and existing plant upgrades. Works with
Construction Managers to provide direction and guidance necessary to
develop budgets for and allocate appropriate funds for new builds,
rebuilds, upgrades and other construction efforts. Responsible for
Design, Construction, Fiber Construction, Planned and Emergency
Restoration, Utility Relations, and Project Management.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Establishes and maintains recommended construction standards and
- Oversees work activities of installation, site survey, trouble call
and construction coordination of commercial customers.
- Aligns performance metrics to support the achievement of business,
department, and team goals. Works closely with division and region
staff to ensure consistency and accuracy in reporting, measuring, and
monitoring new build and commercial opportunities.
- Negotiates pricing; executes and manages the On-Target/Dig-Safe
contracts to guarantee the most fluid network underground plant
protection operating procedures and the best financial pricing for each
region within the division.
- Works closely with Corporate/Legal to ensure that all
contractors/vendors meet all Company guidelines for Certificate of
Insurances and Company Master Agreements.
- Leads and directs the Division Design Center team. Ensures accuracy of
all plant design.
- Directs/Oversees all projects within the region.
- Works with commercial lead to develop and execute overall strategies
that will support both residential and commercial initiatives.
- Practices and ensures Company safety policies and procedures are
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Finance
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer