PPD Assist Metrologist in Athlone, Ireland
Assistant Metrology Support
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD, part of Thermo Fisher — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
Our GMP laboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offers fully integrated solutions for product development and analytical development. Athlone is one of PPD’s fastest-growing laboratory locations and we are looking to recruit an Assist Metrologist to join our Lab Support team. Our Metrology team provide expertise in laboratory instruments to support qualification, maintenance, repairs and calibration of a range of laboratory testing equipment.
· Provide support for routine maintenance on instrumentation and equipment
· Provide support for scheduled calibrations and qualifications on active instruments
· Provide support for audits on lab instruments and equipment
· Document and perform work in accordance to GMP requirements and SOPs
· Work with lab staff to schedule maintenance
· Maintain and evaluate lab support records
· Provide ad hoc support to the Metrology team on all activities
· Education in Chemical/Pharmaceutical Sciences or similar
· Good understanding of Lab operations and support needed within a lab
· Interest in Laboratory equipment and their operations
· Strong understanding of GMP
· Ability to adhere to laboratory policies and standard operating procedures
· Proficient computer skills
· Effective communication skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to work without close supervision
At PPD clinical research services we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD clinical research services truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
Our 4i Values:
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!
Organization: *IE BU
Title: Assist Metrologist
Location: IE-IE-Athlone-Athlone IE Business %26 Tech Pk
Requisition ID: 223401
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group