Skyworks Project Manager 2, Engineering in Andover, Massachusetts
Project Manager 2, Engineering
Apply now »
Date:Jun 10, 2021
Location: Andover, MA, US
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 64851
In this critical role, you will be responsible for Technical/Business Program Management of multiple integrated front-ends that include Power Amplifiers, Switches, Filters, Couplers, and matching all integrated into a single tiny package, fully matched & optimized for best performance from initial proposal phase through production launch.
Our PMs lead multiple development teams (consisting of Design Engineering, Product & Test Engineering, Filters & Foundry Eng, QA, Reliability, Operations, NPI/Supply Chain, Purchasing, etc.) to assure new product customer specification compliance, cost targets, critical milestones, prototype sample on-time deliveries, etc. You will develop detailed MS Project Schedules and present project critical path status/issues/actions to Skyworks management. Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills and an ability to retain critical information. In this position, you have the opportunity to make a uniquely large impact on the success of the company.
Our PMs are responsible for the growth and sustained success of the Mobile Solutions business unit through product development and NPI processes with strategic organizational alignment and partnership with functional organization partners throughout the company. A full understanding of customer needs, while driving productivity initiatives to ensure an efficient organization, and leading cross functional teams for root cause analysis and risk mitigation are all vital to success in this position. #LI-DB1
• Chairing weekly development team meetings across a multi-functional group
• Supporting material procurement and prototyping of samples – extensive list of BOM components which requires careful consideration, planning, and timely follow up
• Resolving technical issues to ensure product compliance / robustness against specs (customer & internal)
• Driving critical path schedule tasks and risk mitigation plans
• Supporting customer interaction through Mobile Solutions Product Line Leads, Product & Customer Mktg, Customer Quality, etc.
• Compliance to our product development process through internal / external audits
• Presentations to senior management and other functional leads within the BU / Operations / Quality
• BSEE, MSEE, MBA, or other related technical education with 6 to 8 years of experience in project management or product engineering in the semiconductor industry
• Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and strong retention skills for critical information
• Demonstrated leadership skills specifically working in a matrixed organization
• A passion to win/contribute and a “do what it takes” attitude and approach to the position
• Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project S/W (Scheduling Skills)
• MS PowerPoint (Presentation Skills)
• Knowledge of Oracle’s Agile PLM software is a plus
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:Boston Job Segment: Project Manager, Project Engineer, Engineer, Program Manager, Database, Technology, Engineering, Management
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: