Albany Medical Center Per Diem Registered Nurse in Albany, New York
Medical/Surgical Cardiac Hospitalist - D4N
Staffing Options Program (United States of America)
The Registered Professional Nurse assesses, coordinates, plans, directs, implements and manages the needs of assigned patients throughout the episode of care with a focus on progress toward discharge, including during transitions within the acute care stay. The Registered Professional Nurse is responsible for the delivery and coordination of patient care provided by the caregiving team. S/he assures that competent, compassionate patient care is uniformly provided to customers including referring facilities, hospital staff and patients in the inpatient, ambulatory, and community settings.
· Implements physician orders, administers medications, starts IVs, performs treatments, procedures and special tests, and document treatment as required by company policy and local/state/federal rules and regulations.
· Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients' conditions.
· Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered.
· Applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
· Provides primary and emergency care for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
· Administers over-the-counter and prescription medications as ordered.
· Collaborates with the nursing team to create a Plan of Care for all patients.
· Directs and guides ancillary personnel and maintain standards of professional nursing.
Thank you for your interest in Albany Med!
Please be aware for the safety and security of our colleagues and patients all new employees are required to successfully complete all applicable federal, State and institutionally mandated pre-employment screening requirements including:
Relevant Background Check(s)
PPD / Tuberculosis Test
Albany Med is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Med, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a “need to know” and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.