Aston Carter Export Administrator in Abingdon, Maryland
Great Administrative Opportunity with a great company in the greater Baltimore Area!
• Examine and Create manifests, invoices, orders or bill of lading to verify accuracy of all outgoing domestic and international shipments.
• Documents physical state of units prior to loading on transportation carrier for specialized equipment shipments.
• Responsible for scheduling all outgoing truck and UPS/Fedex pickup/delivery schedules.
• Prepare UPS/Fedex orders for shipment including all associated paperwork, record keeping and labeling.
• Maintain a shipping log for easy information retrieval.
• Initiate contact with trucking companies to research favorable freight rates, resolve discrepancies and ensure quality service and on time deliveries.
• Execute export duties for international and domestic shipments.
• Monitors timing of customer requirements, updates tracking database, and processes ticket requests.
• Interacts with manufacturing cross-functional groups regarding the preparation and status of finished goods required for customer shipments.
• Create all required documentation for shipment in compliance with any and all applicable federal and state laws for shipping.
• Performs other duties as needed for the effective operation of the department.
administrative, data entry, export, export administration, Microsoft office, microsoft excel, Logistics, import, outlook, ERP
Top Skills Details:
administrative,data entry,export,export administration,Microsoft office,microsoft excel
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Education, Skills and Experience:
• High school diploma required
• IATA and CFR49 Certified
• IMDG Certified
• Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years directly related experience preferred.
• Experience using an electronic inventory management system a plus.
• Experience shipping a technically complex product to customers both nationally (required) and internationally.
• Preferred experience in a customs setting or freight forwarding.
• Ability to interact with managers, customers and vendors at all levels respectfully and effectively.
• Experience working with transportation carriers/dispatchers.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.